Friday, June 14, 2013

"Higgs Boson Blues" + "Sucks"

Finishing up the work week, continuing my Push the Sky Away early-morning immersion, here's "Higgs Boson Blues:


And since it's Friday and tonight will be another Hippies vs. Punks post, I want to mention how important Crass is to understanding the Hippies vs. Punks dynamic. Last year I began reading George Berger's The Story of Crass (2006) but had to set it down. I got far enough to learn that founding member Penny Rimbaud, as well as others, were once Hippies involved in the experimental music scene.

For a shot of love to begin your Friday, here's "Sucks," one of my favorites, from the first Crass release, The Feeding of the 5000 (1978):

Do you really believe in Buddha? Buddha sucks.
Do you really believe in Jesus? Jesus fucks.
Is it alright really? Is it alright really?
Is it working? 
Do you really believe in Marx? Marx fucks.
Do you really believe in Thatcher? Maggie sucks.
Is it alright really? Is it alright really?
Is it working? 
Do you really believe in the system? Well o.k.
I BELIEVE IN ANARCHY IN THE U.K.
Is it alright really? Is it alright really?
Is it working?

No comments:

Post a Comment