Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Bourgeois Fascist Pig"


Before I forget, I heard "Bourgeois Fascist Pig" (click on the link) again recently and it brought a smile to my face:
You're the man that makes my life a drag 
And you're the one who gives the world its snags
You're the one who gives me the will to live 
You're the one who gives me the will to kill 
You bourgeois Pig 
You fuckin' Pig
Everyday I see you on the job 
And everyday I think you're a fuckin' slob 
I'll get a gun, I got a knife 
You mutherfucker, gonna take your life 
You bourgeois Pig 
You fuckin' Pig
I wanna see you on your knees begging 
I wanna see your little kids beheaded 
You get a gun, I got a knife 
You mutherfucker, I'm gonna take your life 
You bourgeois Pig 
You fuckin' Pig 
You're gonna die 
You're gonna die 
You mutherfucker, no one will cry
"Bourgeois Fascist Pig" is a track off the seminal 1983 SST Records LP Kill from the Heart by The Dicks. I never owned the album, though I was intrigued by it. I saw The Dicks perform at the 1984 Rock Against Reagan concert in front of the Moscone Center during the Democratic National Convention. A real eye-opener for me.

The Dicks seemed out of place on stage. White-trash biker types playing for Punks. Looks can be deceptive.

No comments:

Post a Comment