Monday, April 15, 2013

"La Vida Loca" + "Crazy Baldhead"

Matt Shadetek's new album, The Empire Never Ended, came out at the end of March. I purchased it right away and have listened to it numerous times over the last several weeks. It's solid. But I had yet to experience that metaphysical moment when one bonds with a recording. Today was the day. It was at lunch in the file room sensory deprivation chamber on the first floor. The track was "Cracks." I can't find it on YouTube; the only cut from The Empire Never Ended that I can find is the track that follows "Cracks" -- "La Vida Loca" featuring Troy Ave:


I drifted -- on my back on the floor in the dark -- in and out. Following Matt Shadetek's "Cracks" was Bob Marley performance of "Crazy Baldhead" at the Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh about eight months before he died in May of 1981. I was someplace else:

No comments:

Post a Comment