Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Sound of Everything

As I entered Interlaken Park on my run after work I noticed beneath the tall trees two young men sitting on camping furniture atop a horse blanket before a laptop computer; they each held a guitar and had microphones set up. I gave them a thumbs up and wondered if they were Thousands, the Seattle duo of Kristian Garrard and Luke Berman who, according to the biography on Amazon, "set up recording equipment in abandoned barns, forgotten silos, stairwells and state parks in the Pacific Northwest to achieve an organic sound. No Engineers, no advice." But I think these guys were too young to be them.

Thousands' sole release, The Sound of Everything (2011), is a great album. I downloaded it not too long after it came out, have played it many times and am looking forward to their next recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment