Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Julie Doiron Mini-Kick: Lost Wisdom + "So Fast"

Good album I'm enjoying today is Lost Wisdom (2008) by Mount Eerie with Julie Doiron and Fred Squire. It sounds similar to Thousands' The Sound of Everything (2011).

Below are tracks 8 and 9, "With My Hands Out" and "O My Heart":



I got going in this direction because of a Julie Doiron mini-kick I am on, motivated by a song I have always enjoyed from a compilation put out by Sub Pop, Spring Lineup - A Compilation Of Sub Pop's Heavy Hitters (1997). The song is called "So Fast," which Doiron recorded as Broken Girl. I heard it again after several years. What a song!


Doiron started recording as Broken Girl the same year, 1993, the Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville made such an enormous splash. And it sounds like she had been listening a lot to Young Marble Giants' Colossal Youth (1980).

No comments:

Post a Comment