Friday, January 4, 2013

Orgy of NFL Action the Next Two Weekends

The orgy of NFL action begins tomorrow.  For the next two weekends there will be two playoff games televised each Saturday and Sunday.  By the time the conference championships games  arrive at the end of January I'm usually ready to throw in the towel.

I'm hoping Arian Foster has a big day tomorrow and that the Texans triumph.  Not that I don't like the Bengals.  I just love to watch Arian Foster run. 

Since I'm a Berkeley man I've got to go with Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay.  One of the largest disappointments from last season was how he underperformed in the playoff game against the Giants.

My prediction is that the Ravens will have a big day on the ground against Indy.  I appreciate the Ravens.  The largest disappointment of last season was Lee Evans not hanging onto the football in the end zone to beat the Patriots. 

And the final game of the weekend the ascendent Seahawks travel to Maryland to joust with chivalrous RG3 and his fellow rookie Alfred Morris.  I think Darrell Bevell will have an answer to all the blitzes the Redskins threw at Dallas, if in fact that's the way Washington plays Russell Wilson.  I think our -- meaning the Seahawks -- receivers are better than Washington's.  Yes, Pierre Garcon and Santana Moss are talented.  But they're not Sidney Rice and Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin.  We've got to have production from Marshawn Lynch; he's got to run with Alfred Morris.

As an old Montana-era 49ers diehard I don't like my team having to travel back to D.C. to play a game in the dark of winter.  It's tough for a West Coast team to win on the East Coast in a winter playoff game.  But it can be done.  And I'm hoping it will be.  Afterall, this bachelor goes to bed every night wrapped in a Seahawks blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment