Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Colt 45 Chronicle #86

There is frost on the rooftops this morning. It might be the first time we have had frost in 2015. It has been a bizarre year so far weatherwise. Warm and relatively dry.

The frost is keeping me indoors when normally I would be out on the road by now. I'll wait until the sun warms things up before heading out for a run.

In the meantime, here is the follow-up letter to the one posted last week that described the drinking bout between me, my friend Erik, my wife and Erik's temporary girlfriend; it is just a little thank you note.

These old letters are almost finished. I should be doing a better job of summing up what I think now looking back on them over 25 years later they all mean.

Certainly, one might say, "primarily," these letters reveal a young man in the thrall of alcohol. Hence, the title of these posts, an homage to the malt liquor I drank while I typed.
Summer 1989
Thanks for the card. They were cheetahs, right? I guess that's why CHEETOS CHEESE PUFFS uses a cartoon cheetah in its TV advertisements (because of the "chee-" similarity). Anyway, I'm popping off this tiny epistle to say that we should stay in touch, that I had a good tine when you guys were up, and that I look forward to touching base in the future.
The truth probably boils down to the fact that the Earth rotates and we die, or, in different words, we're always already getting a touch closer to the tomb. That's why memory is so important. It gives you a nice spot of lawn to rest on while you journey to the big spanking. That's why I liked your visit so goddamn much -- because it was memorable. I don't know if it was the malt liquor or the wet boots or my lack of work. Whatever it was, it was good.
Hope to see you again and pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment