Friday, January 16, 2015

"Stand Alone"


On my way into work this morning I was treated to "Stand Alone" by Bob Marley & The Wailers, a true bachelor manifesto. A celebration of man freed from the snares of depleting feminine entanglement yet haunted nonetheless by the "missing-half," "Stand Alone" can be found on the two-disk Trojan Records collection Bob Marley & The Wailers: Trenchtown Rock (Anthology '69 - '78). I found a used copy of this about ten years ago. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made.
Stand Alone
There you are, cryin' again/But your loveliness won't cover your shame/There you are, you're takin' true love/And while you're takin' true love, you given the blame 

(How could I ...) Could I be so wrong/To think that we could get along?/Days I wasted with you, child/If I count there'll be a million or two 
Now I stand alone through the memories/That haunts me, that haunt/Yeah, and I walk alone through the rhapsodies/That taunts me, that taunts me, me
There you are, cryin' again/But your loveline-ness won't cover your shame/There you are, you're takin' true love/And while you're takin' true love, given the blame
(How could I ...) How could I be so wrong/To think that we could get along?/Days I wasted with you, child/If I count there'll be a million or two 
Now I stand alone through the memories/That haunts me, that haunts (... me)/And I walk alone through the rhapsodies/That taunts me, that taunts me
Now, there you are, cryin' again/But your loveline-ness won't cover your sham-ame, hey/There you are, you're takin' true lo-love/While you're takin' true lo-love, given the blame
(How could I ...) How could I ...

No comments:

Post a Comment