Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cowboys Fans + "Entrance to Jah World"


One of the nice things about going for a long run on game day when the home team is in town is you come across fans from the visiting team wearing their jerseys.

Today it was two Dallas guys: one with Romo's #8; the other, Sean Lee's #50. A tribute to white America. Where was Orlando Scandrick's #32 or DeMarco Murray's #29?

I wished them luck as I jogged past. They turned and thanked me appreciatively. But I could tell they knew I was a Seahawks fan, clad in a green nylon running shirt as I was. So they were a little confused. Why was I wishing them luck? I could see the wheels turning behind their eyes.

I was wishing them luck because the Seahawks at home have luck to burn. The 12th man is powerful magic. Russell Wilson has only lost one at home, last year's unsavory standout defensive performance by the Cardinals. (Calais Campbell injured his knee last weak at Denver.)

I feel good about Seattle's prospects today. The Seahawks defense -- its basic run-stopping formation -- has been superb. This means Romo puts it up, which means picks. The Cowboys hot streak has come at home. I expect they won't be as hot on the road before one of the most formidable crowds in the National Football League.

As I finished up the run, August Pablo's "Entrance to Jah World (Extended 12" Mix w. Dub)" shuffled on my iPod. The Seahawks are a black team, champions, in a white man's world.

"Entrance to Jah World (Extended 12" Mix w. Dub)" is off the four-disk retrospective The Mystic World of Augustus Pablo: The Rockers Story (2008), which is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment