Sunday, August 3, 2014

Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace & Justice


What I have started doing, which so far seems to have been pretty effective, is write a list of things I would like to see accomplished by the end of the weekend. I put it on the smallest size post-it note and affix the post-it note on my kitchen calendar. When I go to the kitchen I take a look at the list and cross the items that I have completed.

One of those items was to donate to the Rachel Corrie Foundation. Rachel Corrie was murdered by an IDF bulldozer while she defended Palestinian homes in Rafah, which Israel is saturating with bombs since this past Friday following the breakdown of the ceasefire. Ten more innocent Palestinians are reported to have been killed by another  Israeli strike on a United Nations school.

Rachel Corrie Foundation is part of the movement to boycott, divest and sanction Israel. This is direction we need to go for those of us who live within the countries of the Western core.

No comments:

Post a Comment