Tuesday, August 19, 2014

English Oceans + Rising Son


Alcohol and women. Two problems I finally put behind me. The former, six-years ago; the latter, four going on five years. That's why I find it odd that I never became a Drive-By Truckers devotee until I had given up two mainstays of the band's songwriting.

English Oceans (2014) is the latest album. It is tremendous. Probably the best since Brighter Than Creation's Dark (2008). At #16 on the Billboard 200 it is the highest a DBT's album has charted.

The alternating songs of Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley have sort of been the soundtrack to my burdened bachelor's life. The monastic lifestyle and road runs.

Another new release this year that I have been enjoying is Takuya Kuroda's Rising Son. I heard the track "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" walking to the library after work, and I was like, "Oh, my. That is certainly true."

No comments:

Post a Comment