Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Two Perfect Songs for New Year's Eve

The ride in on the bus this morning of New Year's Eve I was treated to "Head-And-Feet-Only-Man" which shuffled on my iPod. "Head-And-Feet-Only-Man" is off Mike Watt's 2011 album Hyphenated-Man, an homage to the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch.


"Head-And-Feet-Only-Man" is the perfect way to begin one's workday, any workday but particularly the last one of the year. "What a fucked up thing it is!" I don't think Hyphenated-Man has received the attention it deserves. It is a true Punk record.

Then after a suitably shitty day, a day where low spirits began to compress into anger, which gradually dissipated on the train ride home, another selection off Hyphenated-Man shuffled on my iPod as I strode up the escalator out of the station on my way into the night air, "Man-Shitting-Man":


Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment