Sunday, April 21, 2013

Encounter with Roving Anarchistic Gang + "Fun House"

On my Lake Union Loop run this morning around 8 AM at the corner of East Shelby Street and Harvard Avenue East as I was on my way down to cross the University Bridge I came upon a group of about twenty people at the head of which was a man holding an American flag and another flag, a black flag with a logo and some lettering. The people appeared to be young but I couldn't tell for sure because they were wearing hoodies and I was on the move. They had backpacks and were wearing camo pants. A couple of guys had beer kegs perched atop their shoulders. Following this group but clearly not of the group were two guys with cameras. I thought they might be with the media. I don't know what was happening. An occupation? The group started to move out just as I headed downhill on Harvard. Briefly I thought about stopping and finding out what was going on, but I didn't want to break my run.

This is another wonderful aspect to running. You never know what you're going to come across when you take your metabolic vehicle out for a spin. To be able to run for over an hour -- not just jog, but run -- for me it doesn't get any better.

At the end of the run I listened to The Stooges' song "Fun House" off their album of the same name from 1970. What a fine jam it is. The band was in peak form:

No comments:

Post a Comment