Monday, March 25, 2013

"Neon Beanbag" + "Neon Meate Dream of an Octafish"

Today, the sun! I took my first lunch break in three weeks. My chores of transporting boxes to the new building are almost completely finished. I now have only a few more days in the Pratt Park neighborhood before it's an ignominious return to public transportation; in my case, the light rail out to Seatac.

At lunch I walked up to Douglass Truth Library and returned a Clifford Brown and Max Roach CD, and then it was back to my usual bench in Pratt Park facing south. A perfect early spring afternoon. And to top it off I was treated to a majestic alphabetical song title sort combination. First, from Stereolab's Chemical Chords (2008) album, the lead track, "Neon Beanbag":


That got my toes tapping and head bobbing in the noon sunshine. Then, next up, I was showered by Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band's "Neon Meate Dream of an Octafish" off the seminal Trout Mask Replica (1969):


All in the sun. Both songs made great sense being drenched by sunlight while I wore a black fleece. Fiat lux!

No comments:

Post a Comment