Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Rosebuds

I've been listening to a lot of The Rosebuds the last couple of weeks. I've known of them for a while thanks to Old Enough 2 Know Better: 15 Years of Merge Records, a 3-disc compilation my friend Tony suggested that I pick up; on that collection there's a song they do, "Happily Ever After," that's dynamite. It's a stellar example of the Indie pop rock of The Triangle. I recently checked out Loud Planes Fly Low (2011), Life Like (2008) and Night of the Furies (2007) from the library. All are good. Today I downloaded Love Deluxe (The Rosebuds perform Sade) (2012) and Christmas Tree Island (2012).

I tried to find "Happily Ever After" online and could not; but I think you'll agree that "Nice Fox," which is off Life Like, is a pretty sweet Indie pop song in that fragile style of the last 15 years:

No comments:

Post a Comment