Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Dis Mois La Verite"

There is a perilous moment of the day when I come home and I've got to gear up and go right back out into the cold and dark and get my four-mile run in for the night. Sometimes I'm beat. I've got nothing, like tonight. And in a millisecond of weakness I'll throw in the towel in my mind. That's it; I'm done. I'm not going out tonight. But then somehow, after this complete internal capitulation, I collect myself, gear up, stretch, and head out. It's bizarre. It's going from one pole to the other very quickly. I can only compare to some sort of simulation of spontaneous reincarnation, a transmigration of the soul. A few minutes later I'm out on the road, digging in and feeling fine.

Rather than a selection from John Adams here, why not a song I heard this afternoon on my lunch break when the sun was shining, "Dis Mois La Verite" by Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou?

No comments:

Post a Comment