Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, the Brian Eno and David Byrne album from 1981, is worth listening to again if you haven't in a while. I checked out the 2006 re-issue from the library a couple years ago, and I've had it loaded onto my iPod Touch since last August; and I've got to say that every time one of its songs shuffle on I'm extremely happy. "Mea Culpa," for instance:


Back when My Life in the Bush of Ghosts came out we on the high school debate team immediately took to it. It turns out we were listening to the sound of the future, an album about two decades ahead of its time with its sampled soundscapes and Wo'Pop grooves and beats.

This morning trudging up the hill at the end of the Lake Union Loop run "Defiant" came on. It gave me the juice to get me to my doorstep. Allahu Akbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment