Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Anthology of American Folk Music

One distinct advantage of being a bachelor is that I can ignore housekeeping for as long as I wish.  Unfortunately the building owner has scheduled for tomorrow and Friday the replacement of the smoke detector in each apartment.  Fearful of how my studio might look to the contractor performing the work I decided to vacuum tonight.  The overall appearance of insanity remains untouched but at least the rugs will be tidy.

Tonight Greg Vandy is doing a tribute on the Roadhouse to Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music.  I listened repeatedly to the Anthology (what Greil Marcus has called prima facie evidence of the "Old, Weird America") for a two-year period, during which time I was either unemployed or underemployed but working hard nonetheless to help organize the local Green Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment